Sunday, January 28, 2007

Web albums now available!

I've been busy working on the photos issue and it turned out that Google has created quite a complete ecosystem.
For one year or so, I've been using Picasa and I've been very happy of it. It very simple to use but in the same time enough powerful to do some fine tuning of pictures. Of course it's not Photoshop but it does what I want it to do. It's a google product and therefore it's free.

On the other side, Blogger is, as you might not be aware, as Google product. Actually, the company, formely known as Blogspot, has been bought by Google. Anyway, the thing is that these Google guys have done a pretty good job and the two products are interconnected by another one which name is Hello.

Hello wasn't in the first place designed for that, and you can see that when you used it. The process is not so simple.  Good things is that you can use hello to send photos to your friends very easily and very quickly. There is also a chat service embedded. Basicly it's like MSN messenger except that you have a very nice file manager inside which is 10000 better than MSN one (who really sucks). Plus of course the integration nicely done in picasa.

The conclusion of that is that:
  1. I have a very simple to add any kind of picture on my blog. I dont even have to open my blog, and that's great!
  2. I've created Picasa web albums so that you guys can see the whole albums. Not all of you will find it interesting but some might. thats why they are kind of set apart of the blogs.  Those who are not interested can just read the posts on the blog. If you wanna see the whole gallery, just clink on the links that will be provided and that's it.
The link to go to the entire gallery is :


In the future, everytime I'm gonna add new photos, I'll provide the direct link to the related album. But to get an overview of all the albums, just use the link above.

I'm quite happy to see that I've built a kind of ecosystem which is gonna simplified my life. Have to thank Google.
I know I could have use a different system like for example a MySpace+Flickr combination. But thing is that I would have needed to find a software to handle the transferring process.
The fact that I was already using Picasa was the decision point. That's a smart move of Google.

Ok. I think I really gonna go to bed. It's 8AM over here and I have a meeting with my group in just 6hours from now.

Feel free to leave ay comments

No comments: