Monday, January 29, 2007

Welcome Dinner from the African Student Union

I'm just back from the welcome dinner given by the African Union to the new african students.
We are 3 new african students, but for different reasons, the other two couldn't be there.
So I've meet others africans on the campus.  They're for the majority doing a PhD in different fields.

There were also people from differents continents

I therefore had the chance to talk with ely, who is finishing is thesis
for his MBA. The topic is really great, it's on How to etablish a venture capitalistic market in a country  in order to obtain a sustainable growth.

It's really a mix approach who reconciliates capitalism and social welfare. It's souds to be an exhaustive work. the idea is to provide a kind of template that can be customised and applied in every developping country. Needless to say that I was more than interested by the subject.

I know it isn't very clear but i'm gonna be clearer in a post which will be only on this thesis. We had a very interesting discusion and I'll attend to his presentation which is a next week. What a timing, isn't it?

I'm too tired to write more on this, but seriously I am more and more looking in the direction of economy studies. Just add that there were some doctors on the table, one of them giving Law classes at the School Of Management (SOM). It was really cool to have these interesting people at the same table and to chat with them.
More on these dinner soon..

P.S: I didn't have any picture because foolishly I left my camera at home. Sorry!

No comments: