Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Things get crazy in AIT

I haven't write anything for around a week now.

One can wonder why?



There is a simple explanation which can be wrapped in one word: WORK!!!



I've already detailed what am doing in Thailand in this post.

I'm taking 7 courses actually, 6 as credits and one as an auditor (which actually doesnt make any difference from the workload point of view).

It was fine at the beginning, the workload was balnced, well spread over the weeks.

And then came the mid-term exams. The workload was heavy, but I was thinking that this was a one time thing.



I did have the chance to completely rest for one week.

And then things start to get crazy.

Everything arrived at the same time, assignments, presentations, reports, projects,etc.

I dont know, maybe all the Prof realized that there are just 6/8 weeks left.

But basically, now I have at least 2 presentations AND one report every week.


Each presentation means at least 15 hours of work and actually 20+ hours if you aiming at an "A" grade.

Not to mention the workload that a report implies.



I have at least 2 group meetings almost every day.

My schedule is so crazy, that I actually have to schedule my sleeping hours. And i'm scheduling those for the coming 2/3days.



Over the past days, I've hardly been able to manage to squeeze 5/6 hours of sleep which are most of the time divide in two "sleeping sessions" (thats how I call them now).

The rest of the time is totally devoted to work (and when I can, eat).

Now, I carry my laptop everywhere everytime and my closest friends are Excel,Word and PowerPoint coming from Office 2007 (which is a big improvement compare to previous versions).


I need to blog about the Cultural Show which took place last week-end and in which I was involved. It's the biggest event in AIT and I did play a major role. But I will blog about it later.


Last thing. My body actually did shutdown and reboot yesterday.

I was supposed to have a 2 hours sleep session between 6PM and 8PM.

So I went to bed, and next thing I know I opened my eyes and it was 1AM.

Some may say that the fact that I had 7hours of sleep over the last 72 hours payed a role. They may get a point.


So in a strategic move, I decided to grab 4 more hours of sleep.

It need to be confirmed, but I think it was a smart move. I wake up rested and fresh at 5AM.

I need to do some catch up obviously, but I'm fresh so I'm more efficient.

the next sleep session is planned for tomorrow 5AM (10PM GMT).



I'll come back as soon as I can

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even if you're overbooked you should schedule some time for AIT's swimmingpool ! ;-)

Ra-B said...

I can see that you're still disorganized !