Monday, October 22, 2007

Song of the Day: Talib Kweli

A couple of months back I discovered an artist named Talib Kweli. It wasnt a discovery per se since I already vaguely knew him and listen to one (or maybe two) of his songs.


During my last "raid" on the music folder of a friend, which was a great raid during which I get over 40GB of music, his albums made it up onto my HDD.
So I gave the last one a try. The title is "Ear Drum". And I must say, this is one of this gem you wish you had discovered before.


Talib Kweli is a polically engaged hip-hop singer with songs with lyrics that actually SAY something.

As usual, if you wanna know more about his life and work, just href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talib_kweli">click here.



So here is a sample of the last album "Eardrum" released this year (2007).

The title is "Give 'em Hell" and its one of my favorites.

You can find the lyrics here (click only after u click on play lol).


I would like to quote this part

"Trying to get to God but ended up doing the work of Satin

Religion create the vision

Make the Muslim hate the Christian

Make the Christian hate the Jew

Make the rules of faith

That you condition to and to you gotta follow

And God forbid you go to Hell

But if you ever walked through any ghetto then you know it well"









The second song is from the previous album "The Beautiful Struggle (2004)".
I dig the title of this album, it's a very good and accurate description of Life down here.

The song, With Marie J blige in featuring, is "I try", I really like the beat on this one, but of course the lyrics are great too, so Press Play






I know the post is already long but I couldn't resist my will to add a sample of the lyrics



"Yo, the things I'm seein' on the news is insane

A stock broker shoot his kid and throw himself in front of a train

A mother leave her baby home for two weeks all by himself

Three years old, eatin' ketchup and mustard, cryin for help

Tryin' to bring your struggle to life

The label want a song about a bubbly life

I have trouble tryin' to write some shit

To BANG in the club through the night

When people suffer tonight

Lord knows I try"


The complete song lyrics are available here.


So what you think?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that song could make me cry,deeply words, great melody,wonderful voices. I m just amazed! tresor you must receive something I dont know a kind of price,everything you propose to us is always something amazing.you are the best.
taaaaake care

Tresor said...

THANK YOU!!!
Thank you for the lovely comments and thank you for the support.
I'll try to keep up doing the same.
And glad you love the song
:D

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If he will be possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).