Friday, February 16, 2007

Happy Vietnamese New Year

So today is the vietnamese New year. I didn't know that. but thanks to my friend Sherif I had the chance to attend to the celebration which was taking place on the campus. There are about 200 vietnamese students on the campus, but almost 2/3 have left to celebrate at home.




Nevertheless the celebration was great. They were so welcoming! It's amazing. I mean even for a New Year party. We came after the dinner so I didn't had the chance to eat with them. But I sure did experience their warmful welcome which started with a glass of beer. 2 min later another guy came with one bottle of beer for everyone. 3mins later, same thing. It's amazing the number of toast we had.



I don't drink beer but I didn't want to say NO, it could have been misinterprated. So I faked drinking a little bit and then discretly put the glass under my seat.




I took some pictures. You can see the whole album here. Or just click on the picture.


No comments: