Monday, February 19, 2007

Want HD videos? Go and check Zudeo

We all have some good times watching some funny videos on Youtube.


But at one point, for me at least, I'm kind of tired to have these low-quality videos. It's the other side of the coin of these user generated content.


So when it comes to movies or series, I, like almost everyone who is not insanely rich, use my favorite P2P networks.


Ok, the post is not on how to download new movies or the latest desperate housewives episode.





Some of you might be interested on staying on the legal side. In France you have some Video On Demand websites, but their offers are all limited. Very few allow you to actually download the movie and watch it without any kind of restrictions. Stupid DRM.





That's why Zudeo is great. Zudeo is the legal alternative brought up by the founders of Azureus (a Java-based BitTorrent client which I used to use. It was pretty cool and the interface was nice).





In order to differentiate themselves from their less-legal counterparts, they came out with a unique selling point: HD (high definition) Videos.





Of course the company has a lot of coverage. Here is the coverage of Techcrunch(en).

I've visited the website, there are some pretty cool content. The content is made of a lot of trailers and animated short films. There are also many music clips.


Because of the poor internet connection I have here I couldn’t do any download test. But based on the performance of the Torrent network, it should be quite fast.




The service apparently has some success, as you can see here. For the French version click here (I gave a hand to Ouriel for the translation).



For those of you, who have already tested the service, feel free to let a comment to share your opinion.

No comments: