Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Thai Music is not so great

I'm not I have had the chance to listen traditional thai music. Most of the thai music I've heard was mainly music for young people. Understand music that has been influenced by western culture. I don't know whether this might the reason or not but one thing is for sure. Thai music is awful!


I do think that one has to be careful when judging a culture he barely knows. But here many of these songs were actually thai version of american songs. And even when it wasn't, it sounds similar.

I'm very eclectic when it comes to music, I mean really. I listen to every kind except the hard-whatever genre (even though there are exceptions). So I don't think it comes from me.


It is seriously painful to hear and when we go outside AIT to have dinner, the only thing that bothers me is music.

I would like to have a chance to listen to real thai music, I feel like I'm gonna enjoy it. Because these thai western-like songs are insanely bad.


As soon as I get a good thai song, I'll post it here. Until that time I let you listen this very good song. From Ben Harper again : Power of Gospel.






Oh BTW, feel free to let comments on any post about anything you like. Especially what do you think of the food pictures below?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been reported that leaving comments is quite complicated on my blog. I'm not sure that there is much I can do, it might be the normal blogspot process but I'll run some tests to figure that out.
More to come soon
tresor