Thursday, March 08, 2007

Bangkok Subways

 

 

 


Some pictures of the subway in Bangkok.

They are brand new (which means just few years old). There are 2 lines of subways and one aerien line which name is Skytrain.



There is one thing I still don't get. Why do the put the AC so cold inside. I swear to God it's freezin inside. I mean you come from outside where the temperature is about 34/36 degrees and you get into the wagon and it's like 12/14. And of course you wear a simple T-shirt.

There are wasting so much energy while making the 10 station trip very discomfortable.


Otherwise, the subway is really cool, the stations are incredibly huge most of the time, 2 or 3 times wider than the parisian subway stations. I still don't see why but still the stations looks great.

I took the pictures with the crappy camera embedded in my phon but I'll come up with better quality pics.

More to come soon
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ! À Bangkok aussi ?

Comme quoi les asiatiques aiment bien se refroidir. À Singapour, c'est pareil, dans les bus également.

Benoit

Tresor said...

But it is really silly. They are not cooling up, they are freezing.
Anyway, we kinda get used to that.
(means we dont have the choice anyway)

Anonymous said...

I'm kinda disagree with you Trésor... I find that cold temperature quite usefull: I have to walk for (at least) 15 min to get to the BTS station near my appartment... and given the high temperatures (you describe quite well) here, I'm sweating badly when arriving there... so I'm quite please with that cool BTS temperature that makes me cool down and DRY! ^^

Tresor said...

Ok. I dont say AC is not useful ( God damn me if I ever say that), but seriously the place is cooled at something like 10degrees. You dry up for the first 5 minutes and start freezing afterward. Plus when you get out, damn! Thats one hell of a contrast isn't it?