Thursday, March 22, 2007

Song of The Day: 2 Pac

People who listen to rap know that when we talk about rap, there's no other starting point than Tupac Shakur, the greatest rapper of all time (sorry Biggie).



It has been a while since I didnt take the time to listen to one of his album.

So I just had this tought minutes ago, "what the heck, I'm gonna drop two of his songs on my blog".

And that's what I'm doing right now



It's hard to decide which ones of his several great songs, I think I should avoid the most famous ones and make you discover the two faces of 2 Pac angel vs Devil.

So here comes the first one.

As usual, I'll start with the groovy one.

"You wonda why we call you bitch" from CD2 of the Album All Eyez On Me released in 1996.
One of the best album ever, and the first double-disc rap album ever. Dont restrain yourself just because of the title, there is a real (true BTW) story behind.








The second one is of course the calm one.

I love this song. It cheers me up when I feel blue.

The title is "Live goes on" and it pretty much speaks by itself. It's from the same album but on CD1.






And because I cant hold it, this is the bonus song.

Title is "Unconditional Love" which is just... Actually just press play.






We do miss Tupac as he was far above the current level of today rappers.

To find more about him, here is a nice article on his life.

No comments: