Monday, March 05, 2007

Makha Bucha Day

Today is a public day off because it's the Makha bucha day.

I tried to know what was the reason of it. But unfortunately the thai friend with who I talked yesterday has a not so good english ( I mean it's really bad ). So I barely get what He was trying to explain.


But from what I get it's a buddhist holy days (there are actually 3days, from saturday to Monday).


The campus is totally empty, it's really funny and wierd and the same time. I've never seen it like that before.


The bad thing, for me at least, is that banks are closed and I don't have a penny left since saturday.
I was planning to go to HSBC in Bkk to retrieve some money from their ATM in order to avoid the insane fee they charge if I retrieve at another ATM just because my bank account is in France.

I guess not everything is globalised.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you'd like more info on the Magha Puja day, check my blog! :)

See you,
Max