Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Send unlimited SMS for free

Thanks to my friend Maxime for this tip.



So we can send SMS for free using GizmoSMS which is a service provided by Gizmo an SIP-based alternative to Skype which allows you to place ToIP (Telephony over IP) calls without any software. You just initiate the call from your browser.


Unlike Jajah you still need an headset since the voice stream still goes through you personal internet connection.

According to Maxime the calls are cheaper than Skype. I'll check it by myself later.

I od have a concern on the quality though. Since they don't use P2P I'm wondering how they ensure the quality of calls.


Anyway my focus is on their free SMS service which works in several countries.

Unfortunately it doesn't work in Thailand so you can't use it to send me SMS.

But it works in France and in several others western countries, so it's a great way for me to send SMS for birthday or whatever events when I don't need an answer.


By the way if you do want to call me just copy and paste this in your browser :

http://gizmocall.com/0066811001201

No comments: