Saturday, March 10, 2007

A normal Day in AIT

So as you may know now AIT stands for Asian Institute of Technology. It's the most internationalised university in Thailand and probably in the whole southeast region

People keep asking me what a day here looks like. So here is a little description of the daily routine.


So basically I wake up 20min before my first class of the day (that range from 8h30 AM to 4hPM). I'm still not used to the thai very early wake up which is something like 6AM.

I grab a bite in the school cafeteria before entering the class. Class lasts from 1h to 3hrs. Its most of the time interesting. But I do have some problems with one of the prof, I mean with his accent. Indian do have a very good english, but You may have hard times listening to what they are saying.

Teachers are WAY MORE CLOSER to students than in France. One of the teachers often offers the breakfast to all the students. Really cool!



I take my lunch at the cafeteria. There is one cafeteria in every school, plus the big cafeteria with several stands. A normal lunch is between 30 and 50 bahts (60cts to 1.10 euros) for a complete meal.

I Go to class in the afternoon if I have one, otherwise I take a nap, go to the library or play basket or badmington(but not before 6PM, did I not mention the weather here.


For the dinner, depending on the people I have dinner with I go to Khun Sue who hold a very decent restaurant, the Viet ( vietnamese food), or to Thamasssat.

Thamassat hold a market on Monday and Thursday. There are plenty of small stands with food as well as shop stands. You can buy perfume, clothes, shoes, watches etc. Otherwise we once every 2 weeks (on average) we go to a steak house. Steak house means a lot of steaks and french fries, basically its western food oriented , I mean of course the local version of western food. Its pretty good too.

It will be around 70 bahts for khun sue including drinks (water or juices), 50 bahts for the viet and around 150bahts (roughly 3.5 baths) for the steak house.



What you do in the night is really up to you. I do spend some time talking on msn with France, Canada, thailand. Blog as much as I can. Eventually I go to sleep.


That's a regular day for a MSc student in AIT, Thailand..

Any question?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which Steak House do you go to?
The one in Thammassat?

Tresor said...

Yeah, actually there are two whe know so far in Thamassat. One big which is quite expensive and has the worst musical experience i've experienced so far while eating. The second one is a small one, hide somewhere behind the 7 eleven. The food is really good and it looks more like home made food. Also less expensive. wanna go?